Thanks for visiting Junction49.co.uk - an online community where young people aged 13-25 get support to set up and deliver their own projects, campaigns and events around issues that matter to them.
So if you've got a great idea - get started and post on Junction49 today.
Don't have an idea, but would like to get involved? Sign up and browse and comment on our Junction49ers great ideas.
Simply click on the links below or scroll down the list. Hopefully you'll find the answers to your questions. If not give us a call on 020 7960 7031.
What's Junction49 all about?
- What is Junction49?
Junction49.co.uk is an online community supporting you and other young people aged 13-25 across the UK to set up and deliver projects, campaigns and events around the issues that matter to them.
Our dedicated Junction49 team will be here every step of the way to get your idea off the ground. We'll give you tailored support to help you plan your project, find and apply for funding, as well as putting you in touch with other Junction49ers who may be able to lend a hand.
We're an online community so it's easy for you to connect with other people, ask for help and inspire each other. So what are you waiting for? Take a look around and get started.
- How do I contact Junction49?
You can contact us by:
Phone: 0207 960 7031
Write to us:
5th floor, Dean Bradley House
52 Horseferry Road
Or by contacting one of the Helpdesk Team on the Junction49 site.
- Who is Junction49 for?
Anyone aged 13-25 who lives in the UK and wants to make a positive difference in their community.
- Can I get a certificate for setting up a project or helping others to set up theirs?
We think you deserve to be rewarded for setting up amazing projects and supporting your fellow Junction49ers. Through vInspired you can apply for the vInspired awards which recognise the time you commit, the skills you develop and the difference you make through your volunteering. The awards will also help you to boost your CV by showing colleges, universities and employers evidence of what you've achieved as a volunteer.
There are different awards you can apply for depending on the number of hours that you have given - v10, v50 and v100. For all of the time that you spend setting up your idea, updating your Junction49 page and commenting on other Junction49ers ideas, you can record those hours and work towards a v Award.
There are a few very easy steps to follow to get started:
1. Register on www.vinspired.com
2. Choose which award (v10, v50 or v100) you want to work towards
3. When they ask who would you like to check your application, choose 'I don't mind'.
4. Start recording your hours and get the recognition you deserve.
To find out more about how to sign up to the awards, watch this video below:
- Does Junction49 provide funding?
Not at the moment, but we can help you to find and apply for funding.
Previously through projects we used to run with universities and community organisations, small pots of money have been available. Check out the Programmes page for more information.
- How is Junction49 funded?
Junction49 is run by vInspired a charity that helps young people discover the value of volunteering – for themselves and for others.
Junction49 was originally established and set up in 2007 by TimeBank, a national volunteering charity. It was set up with funding from T-Mobile and v. The Junction49 Facilitators project was funded by The Learning Revolution: Transformation Fund.
- Why should I use Junction49?
There are different ways to make a difference in the world. Lots of organisations are asking for your help. Perhaps none of these opportunities are for you. The difference about us is that we will support you to do what you want to do and help you to set up your own project.
How do I use the site?
- I lost my password
You need to be registered to post ideas and actions or to comment. If you've lost your password click here and follow the instructions to reset it. If you're still having problems, contact us and we can help!
- I found a bug! / Something isn't quite right!
We need your help to stamp out those bugs. Please let us know and we will sort it out as soon as possible.
Before contacting us, if you could collect the following information it would be really really helpful:
1) The web page that gave you the problem
2) If you know, are you using a Windows PC, Mac or Linux machine?
3) What browser you're using (eg Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari etc)
Don't worry, we're not going to get all geeky on you and we don't bite, we just want to offer you the best service that we can. Your successful use of the site means a successful site.
- Where do I add an action?
If you're not sure what an action is, scroll down to the ‘About Ideas and Actions' section below.
Before you can add an action, you need to create an idea to group actions around. Next, click on the button below your idea's photo called ‘Add an action' and follow the instructions.
- How do I add a picture to my idea?
You can attach a picture to your idea by uploading one from your computer or finding one of yours on the photo-sharing site flickr. You can upload them one by one to Junction49 or attach an existing flickr set you've already made.
- How can I stop messages from ideas I'm part of
Junction49 tries to keep you up to date with the ideas that you're part of or following. To stop watching an idea, log in and go to your profile, find your favourites and click the stop watching feature next to the idea you want to stop watching.
What are ideas and actions?
- What is an idea?
An idea can be big or small, inspired by someone else or completely new and different. You can post anything from a thought you had the other day at the bus stop to a project that you've already set up. Once you've posted your idea you get your own page on the site and a diary to chart your progress and keep everyone up to date.
Note that your idea should be led by young people, and you need to be 13-25 to submit an idea.
Here at Junction49 we want to support all young people to make a difference.
To do this we will:
- Support you to develop and plan your project.
- Signpost you to available funding opportunities and support you in applying for funding.
- Help you to get in touch with other Junction49ers.
- Give you your own webpage with a gallery and diary to help you plan, track and showcase your ideas.
All we ask is that your project:
- Is led by young people (you need to be 13-25 to submit your idea).
- Tackles the issues that matters to you.
- Benefits your community, or raises awareness of an issue or cause.
- Promotes a positive image of young people.
- Supports and inspires others to make a difference.
- Doesn't promote a religious belief or political group.
- Isn't used to benefit an individual or organisation financially, with the exception of a registered charity.
- Doesn't discriminate against anyone
- Is safe and will not endanger or injure people, or their environment
Go ahead, submit your idea and let the creative juices flow...
- How do I add actions, diaries, photos and videos to my idea page?
If you go to your idea page, you should be able to see a range of tabs at the top with 'Actions', 'Diary', 'Photos' and 'Videos' all labelled. Click on the tab you want to add to and add away. If you experience any difficulty with this, send an email to email@example.com.
- What if I don't have an idea of my own?
There are a few other ways that you can get involved in Junction49:
- Check out the other ideas on the site - you can search by place or area of interest for particular types of ideas and actions and offer your help by commenting, or just have a look and see if inspiration arrives!
- Fancy fundraising for us? To ensure we can keep Junction49 going we need your support. If you want to organise a fundraiser to raise money for Junction49 we can support you from start to finish to get it going. Check out Ravi's Krispy Kreme fundraiser here.